Contents of No. 23
against nuclear war
All cheques, money orders etc. to:
Printed by Express Printers, London, E.1.
write to us for a free copy of one of our illustrated monthly magazines on the arts. They are absolutely devoted to books, ballet, cinema, theatre, classical music, and records
FILMS AND FILMING · PLAYS AND PLAYERS
MUSIC AND MUSICIANS · RECORDS AND RECORDING
Friday January 25th 1963 at Fulham Town Hall
Music by Mick Mulligan and his Band
with George Melly
Guest artists will include
Sidney Carter, Bob Davenport, Red Nerk, Redd Sullivan and Wally Whyton
Tickets six shillings from Freedom Press
or from Dobell’s Jazz Record Shop
Other issues of ANARCHY
- Sex-and-Violence; Galbraith; the New Wave, Education.
- Workers’ Control
- What does anarchism mean today?; Africa; the Long Revolution.
- De-institutionalisation; Conflicting strains in anarchism.
- 1936: the Spanish Revolution.
- Anarchy and the Cinema.
- Adventure Playgrounds.
- Anarchists and Fabians; Action Anthropology; Eroding Capitalism.
- Sillitoe’s Key to the Door; MacInnes on Crime; Augustus John’s Utopia; Committee of 100.
- Paul Goodman; Neill on Education; the Character-Builders.
- Who are the anarchists?
- Direct Action.
- The work of David Wills.
- Ethics of anarchism; Africa; Anthropology; Poetry of Dissent.
- Towards a lumpenproletariat: Education vs. the working class; Freedom of access; Benevolent bureaucracy; CD and CND.
- Comprehensive Schools.
- Theatre: anger and anarchy.
- Non-violence as a reading of history; Freud, anarchism and experiments in living.
- Secondary modern.
- Cranston’s Dialogue on anarchy.
Universities and Colleges
ANARCHY can be obtained in term-time from:—
Oxford: Felix de Mendelssohn, Oriel College.
Cambridge: Nicholas Bohm, St. John’s College.
Durham: Malcolm Scott, Grey College.
Leicester: Political Science Bookstall
In Anarchy 20 we referred to Kropotkin’s Mutual Aid as ‘long out of print’. So it is in Britain, but the American edition of 1955 is available at three dollars (hard-bound) and two dollars (paperback) from Libertarian League, P.O. Box 261, Cooper Station, New York 3, N.Y.
Subscribe to ANARCHY
Single copies by post 1s. 9d. (30c.)
12 issues 20s. ($3).
and to FREEDOM
the anarchist weekly, which readers of ANARCHY will find indispensable. A year’s subscription to both journals is offered at 32s. ($5).
Cheques, POs and Money Orders should be made out to
17a Maxwell Road London SW6 England
Tel: RENown 3736